Saturday, February 25, 2012

Return of the (non-WWE) Blog

Hello Blog Reader(s). Coming to you all is a breath of fresh air from WWE reviews. I will cover a wide spectrum of different topics in this post to revive the Blog. (no offense BAM)

First up, the Vikings Stadium debacle.

My question to everyone is why does it take 3 years to build a stadium on the Metrodome site? The Vikings have said they will have to play 3 years at TCF Bank Stadium while a new stadium is being build. Keep in mind that the Vikings and Lester "Douche" Bag-Lely never once consulted the U and created some "costs" that the team would have to eat. Doh'k, why can teams like Chicago or Seattle build or renovate their stadiums in less than a year and yet YOUR Minnesota Vikings need 3 years to build a new stadium? Either way, this guy is sick of hearing about it and if the State wants to play hardball with the team then good for you state, we're happy for you, but just build the GD thing in Arden Hills already. Zigi, we all know you have the money, so put it up and get your stadium where you want it. Yes I understand that it is a lot of cost for you now, but the whole idea of Arden Hills is you build your little Zigi-Ville up there and you cash in like crazy. So, just do it Zigi, and also State of MN, please do the racino idea, if it funds the Vikings stadium or not, it is a great way to help solve some of the state's budgetary problems.

Second. Jeremy Lin.

Let me preface this section by letting all of you know that I am an Asian-American. While I may be the whitest Asian person ever, since I have lived in the great state of Minnesota since I have been 4 months old I am still who I am. Jeremy Lin is a great BASKETBALL story. He went to Harvard and balled there and struggled to make it as a legit NBA player. I don't care if he is white, black, red, yellow, purple or green, the guy can flat out ball. While I understand the importance of Mr. Lin being the 1st American-Asian born player to be of NBA relevance, I think that it should not matter one bit. If he was black would it still be a big deal? Yes. If he was white would it still be a big deal? Yes. A player who was on the edge of being cut who comes of the bench to lead a team on a winning streak would be a big deal no matter what the color of his skin. Especially in the huge market of NYC. Can we all for once look past the race card and just look at Jeremy Lin as a good basketball player?
The answer to that question is NO. It is an absolute NO. Jason Whitlock, who I know nothing about, proved that by his ignorant tweet "some lucky lady will feel a couple of inches of pain tonight." Mr. Whitlock, if Jeremy Lin was a black player (excuse me for not saying "African-American") would you have tweeted something along the same lines? Or what if he was a white player (again, excuse me for not saying "Caucasian"). My guess is no to both. For those of you who know me well, you know I am the last person to bring up the race card unless it is for a joke. But what Whitlock did, while moderately funny, proved a huge point on where we, as Americans, stand on racism in our culture. Whitlock's tweet was incredibly racist and I think we can all agree on that. But let's say the tables were turned and it was a white (Caucasian) sports reporter tweeting about Visanthe Shiancoe's unfortunate moment where his penis was exposed during a post game locker room interview. If the white (Caucasian) reporter were to comment on the size, ect. of Shank's penis in a general statement that generalizes all blacks (African-Americans) what do you think would have happened? The reporter would have been nothing short of crucified. Jay Caspian Kang of Grantland said it best that there is a double standard in this country when it comes to racism, and the Asian-American community appears to be receiving the short end of the stick.
My only plea is this, America, can we all just recognize Jeremy Lin as a great story and a legit NBA player like everyone else? My personal view, and again for those who know me will agree, is that I want to be treated like everyone else in this country and don't want to be seen as anything different than I am. Can we all just see Jeremy Lin for what he is? He was this close to being cut and now is the PG on the Knicks who is leading them to wins. Let us all just leave it at that and understand that while he may be Asian that he is a fantastic basketball player.

Finally, the Ryan Braun story.

In his "press conference" Ryan Braun said that the truth is on his side and that is what got him off the hook. IALTO. Braun, you got off the hook because some part time chumbolone employee decided to hold your piss sample in his fridge for a couple days before sending it off. While you claim to be clear and you would be the first to admit if you did take something, the fact remains that you never really tested negative. And I get that you offered to take a DNA test to prove the piss was yours and MLB said no, which was a big deciding factor the the arbitrator. If I'm MLB, I see that as an out and of course will say no so that my NL MVP winner can stay "clean" and that MLB can continue to fight against PED's. The point I'm trying to make is that Ryan Braun the truth was not on your side (and you had herpes) but the real test will come this season and numbers do not lie. If you blow ass this year then it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure it out, but if you perform how you did before then more power too you. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it is raining Ryan, we will all see who you really are this season. And even just going through this mess will undoubtedly screw with your reputation, so you best get clean and crush it this year or else go the way of Barry Bonds.

That's all for now blog reader(s) and expect more now that my favorite time of the year (March Madness) is coming along.

1 comment:

  1. It is fantastic to see someone besides myself blog! Excellent job Kyle!

    ReplyDelete