Thursday, March 15, 2012

EAST Region

Well alright, alright, alright (Matthew Mcconaughey voice) I guess we are back to some blogging.  Well except Bam of course because he never left and if you're a WWE fan check out some of his latest posts.  So I am here tonight to bring you my take on the east bracket and I'm glad I waited to write this because Fab Melo is too dumb to remain academically ineligible.  So without further ado I bring you the stacked east region.

East Region:
Round of 64, it's not the second round. 

1. Syracuse vs 16. UNC Asheville- Ok so no Fab Melo, no problem, for the Orange here because it's a 16 seed and I think they have some amount of talent to dispose of UNCA.

8.  Kansas State vs 9. Southern Miss: Have you ever watched Frank Martin coach a basketball game? it's one of the funniest things ever.  I highly recommend it. Why not make your first Frank Martin game this one? He's going to get angry when his team starts out slow and all that latino heat he's going to pile up on his players and make them beat Brett Favre's alma mater. Hopefully Favre's temper is longer than his... (Come on, you couldn't expect me not to make a Favre joke when it's his Alma Mater)

5. Vanderbilt vs 12. Harvard: Both teams here are feel good stories.  Harvard is making it's first appearance in the big dance in quite some team and when their university found out they were going dancing they did nothing because they were all studying for midterms or playing chess.  Vanderbilt was good enough to knock down the mighty Calimari's wildcats in the SEC final. I think I like Vandy here.

4. Wisconsin vs. 13 Montana: Ohhhh boy I get to talk about the one place/school I hate almost as much as I hate Missouri...Wisconsin.  The Grizzlies are coming into this one on a roll having won their last 14 games and are a team very fundamentally sound on defense.  Bo Ryan (douche) has himself a pretty solid defensive team but this team cannot rely on Jordan Taylor scoring everything. If Wisconsin's last loss to Sparty is any indication I don't see them scoring a ton of points.  If Montana can overcome some stage fright I don't see a reason why the Grizz can't send Bucky back to Madtown.  My upset special of the East goes here.  BETTER DEAD THAN RED!

6. Cincy vs. 11. Texas: Cincy has been on a roll since that brawl against Xavier and Texas is one of those teams that you can never count on during the tourney.  Mack Brown is one hell of a recruiter but when it comes to March, it doesn't matter how many 5 star recruits you have when you have a coach who can't get the job done. Cincy wins this one in a landslide.

3. Florida State Vs. 14. St Bonaventure: I know absolutely nothing about the bonnies but I do know that Florida State will play some defense in this game.  With their ability to play solid defense, Florida State will create a lot of points in transition and will win this one easily. 

2. Ohio State vs Loyola: Even though Jared Sullinger is a big, fat crybaby he's way too much to handle for Loyola. Ohio State in a blowout.

Second Round:
1. Syracuse vs. 8. K-State: No Fab Melo for this game means one of the nation's worst rebounding teams is in for a very long night. The way Syracuse plays defense doesn't allow for them to get a lot of defensive boards and they now have their best rebounder academically ineligible.  If K-State can knock down some outside shots there's no doubt in my mind that they'll pull off the massive upset.

5. Vanderbilt vs. 13. Montana: After the Grizzlies pull off the massive upset over Wisconsin, they will have their hands full w the smarties from Vandy.  I think Vandy makes it into the elite 8 and proves itself a threat to make it to the final 4.

6. Cincy vs. 3. Florida St.: Don't know a whole lot about these two teams but I do know that Florida St. knocked off the North Carolina 2 headed giant this past season. I think Florida State is a better team and see them winning a very close contest to move on to the elite 8.

10. West Virginia vs. 2. Ohio St: Ohio State could possibly exit the tournament in this game.  They only play 7 guys and if they can't stay healthy they have no chance. West Virginia on the other hand, has the big east player of the year runner-up in Kevin Jones.  If WVU can make this one a high scoring affair they should win.  Ohio State is too good defensively though and will prevail and move on to the next round. 

Sweet 16:
8. Kansas St. vs. 5. Vanderbilt: If Frank Martin's team manages to make it to the elite 8, I think a miracle would have to happen.  They have the talent to be here but I just think that Vandy is a better/smarter team and a not-so angry coach. Vandy moves on to the elite 8.

3. Florida St. vs. 2. Ohio St: This game would not be a pretty one at all.  Both these teams are solidly defensively minded that there is not a chance in hell this would be a high scoring affair.  Florida State has already proven it can hang with the big boys and I don't see a reason why they can't beat Ohio State. 

Elite 8:
5. Vanderbilt vs. 3. Florida State: I don't know what it is about Florida State but I can't find a reason why they won't be in the final four.  This is probably a terrible pick but if I wanted to be lame I could've just went chalk all the way through like Jay Bilas.

That's my take on the East region, have fun calling in sick to watch basketball for the next 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment